trwhittier

The Whittier Side Of Life

T.R Whittier is an Independent Literary Artist, Fictionista, and Everyday Chick who is incapable of living a life less literary.

The Art of Asking: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Let People Help

Having never won anything in my life, I was beyond excited to learn that I was the winner of The Art of Asking Goodreads Giveaway! Thank you to the person (or computer algorithm) who/that picked my name out of the hat :)
       I have long enjoyed the music of Amanda Palmer. I admire her awesome piano playing, her rich, soulful voice, and her highly emotive song lyrics. Her TED talk (which, if you haven't yet watched on YouTube, you definitely should) is amazing and inspiring, and the book, The Art of Asking: or How I learned to Stop Worrying and Let People Help, is a longer version of the talk. Amanda's narrative is deeply personal and honest; her stories made me laugh and cry, sometimes within the span of a few pages.
       If you are an indie artist, an Amanda fan, or simply someone who thinks that asking for help is tantamount to failure, this is a book that you should seriously consider spending some quality time with :)